An expert in the senior housing industry, Janis is a frequent speaker. A highpoint in her career was writing the bestselling book, Marketing Senior Housing, which was first published by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the second edition by Author House.
Janis holds an MBA in real estate marketing from Nova Southeastern University and a BS in Journalism and Public Relations from the University of Florida.
Janis is also well known for her award-winning photography, she can be found exploring city streets when the light is right or striking up conversations to engage her subjects.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Leading Age Annual Conference: First Impressions Revealed-Exposing Your Organizations Flaws
- Webinar-Retirement Homes.com How Senior Living communities can use PR for sales
- Webinar-Retirement Homes.com Crisis Communications
- Florida Assisted Living Association Annual Conference: Stop Blaming the Sales People
- Leading Age Florida Annual Conference: Disaster Preparedness
- Leading Age Florida Annual Conference: SWOT Analysis
- Ziegler CFO Conference: What Rocks in Marketing Today
- License: Florida Real Estate Sales, State of Florida
- Certification: Certified Active Adult Specialist in Housing (CAASH) – NAHB 50+ Housing Council
- Focus Group Moderator: The Riva Institute
- Facilitator: Myers-Briggs
- Trainer: Completion of Train the Trainer – NAHB